08 September 2005

Request for donations (private citizen's appeal)

Dear friends,

We have all watched the horrors of the aftermath of Katrina. And although there is so much to do, it seems that a great deal of the basic needs of the people are being addressed.

I know this idea might seem trivial, but after you have read my idea, ask any woman or older person how receiving goods like I am seeking would make them feel. After the towels, the food, the sheets, the clothes, the medicines, the necessities, people need items to make them feel happy, pretty, alive.

And so, I am looking to amass an RV full of costume jewelry, fragrances, bath products and body creams for a trip I will be making when it is safe to return to New Orleans. We will be connected, by then, to a local organization helping out the unfortunate and will make certain that these gifts of "luxury" will be properly distributed.

For anyone who has seen my closet, I certainly won't be keeping anything, so put that thought out of your mind.

This is just a private citizen thing and should be a no-brainer. Of course, I am not applying for a 501-3C designation, so there probably is no tax write-off. But I promise you, you will be sent photos of the people receiving these goods to warm your heart.

Chances are this will be a dismal Christmas for New Orleans. Let's brighten up in our small way in advance.

Send your gifts (no money please) to my office at:

Cutler Enterprises
4052 Del Rey Avenue
Suite 106
Marina del Rey, CA 90292

In advance, for all of you who choose to help in this way, thank you so very much. For all else, please find a way to help your fellow citizens.

With love and compassion,
NormaLynn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home